Monday, June 28, 2010

Thing #5

One of the feeds on my RSS comes from NSTA, which is the National Science Teachers Association. I read an interesting article about how seventh graders found lava tubes on Mars. Now, I don't know about you, but I was an adult before I even knew what a lava tube was, much less discovering one on Mars!

Mars Student Imaging Program is a joint effort between Arizona State University and NASA. Upper elementary through college-age students conduct research projects and actually take command of a Mars-orbiting camera. The NSTA site is full of learning opportunities like this, but somehow I just haven't found the time to look into many of them. Perhaps my reader will allow me to skim through articles more quickly. Maybe I will discover a program that will fit with our district's curriculum, and maybe, just maybe I can figure out a way to get MISD students involved.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really cool!! I tried to get the NSTA on my reader, but found it difficult... It is so full of info! Did you just use the website address as the link?

    I did go on an "internet adventure" while looking on the NSTA website and discovered another really cool website: How Stuff Works. There are MANY different links to browse through, including Science. Thought I'd share! Just Sayin' :-)

    ReplyDelete