Monday, June 28, 2010

Thing #6-New Ocean Forming in Africa!



Ok, I guess I'm fascinated by landforms. My last blog was about students discovering lave tubes on Mars. This one is about an article I found on the new ocean that is forming in Africa. I guess I'm a geology geek at heart.

Of course, it will take about 10 million years for this to happen, but it's not everyday you can see the birth of an ocean. This stuff usually happens beneath the seas. How awesome it would be to share this with students. I need to get this into the new curriculum somehow. I think students would be fascinated to know this 60-meter crack opened up to a width of 8 meters in just ten days!

I'm really getting kind of excited that my reader can provide so many learning opportunities for our students.

2 comments:

  1. I just noticed my links aren't working! I wonder what I did?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure about your links. The best thing to try is to "edit" your post and reenter the link.

    ReplyDelete