Monday, June 28, 2010

Thing #7-Importance of Commenting

It goes without saying that interacting with others facilitates learning. It just makes sense that interacting with others through blog comments does the same.

I've made a few comments during the course of taking this class. I have to admit, it feels a little "forced" at first, but so did making comments on Facebook pages, and I'm all over that now! I guess I've gotten a bit lazy in actively processing what I read. These days I think I'm more likely to listen to a verbal conversation than be one of the "talkers." I think this comes from all of the counseling-type classes that tell us to listen more, talk less. In blog commenting, the advice seems to be read carefully, comment a lot! If it really attracts my attention, I'm more likely to comment. On one of the blogs (I can't remember which one, so please don't ask me to link it-) it listed ways to encourage comments on your blog. Asking direct questions sure seems to help.

I'm discovering that I am more interested in the "content-related" blogs than the "technology-only" blogs. Since I find Science so interesting and fun to teach, I guess I'm drawn to those articles more than anything.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the whole "forced at first" feel. I also find myself more drawn to the science or educational related blogs. That must mean something... If you find a good one on geology, DO SHARE!!

    ReplyDelete