Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday, July 19




After sleeping in until around 9:30, I began my day with the first shower I’d had since Friday. I had so much dust in my hair from two days in Taylor Park I had to add extra shampoo. Clean at last! Of course we had to take the pups for a walk and let them frolic and swim in Sunset Lake near the Jumbo Campground.
John and I did a little exploring on the motorcycle and rode down to Cedaredge to see the sites since it was dark when we had driven through there the night before. As it turns out, there wasn’t much to see, and it was as hot as Texas just not humid. On the way back to camp, we saw a couple of elk, a deer, and a dead beaver. We spent the next couple of hours hanging out in our camp site. I took a nap, and John researched what might be wrong with the truck. We drove down to the town of Mesa, where we had dinner at the Wagon Wheel. Our mouths were watering at the thought of the chicken fried steak we were about to order. However, they were out of chicken fried steak. The waitress said it had been a really busy weekend, and their order wasn’t due to come in until the next day. We then decided to get the Humdinger Fried Chicken. But alas, our dreams were once again shot down as the waitress told us they were out of that, too. She offered us 50% off anything we wanted. We ordered the ribeye, cooked medium. When it arrived, it was somewhere between tar-tar and rare. She apologized and brought us another steak. It was a crazy night, and I felt a little sorry for her. There was a group of motorcycle riders who headed to the salad bar only to discover…wait for it…there was no more salad! We had eaten at this restaurant before, and it was really good, so I’ll give them a mulligan on this one.

On the way back to camp, we saw a couple of fox babies crossing the road. There may have been more, but we only got a good look at two of them. Nope, no photos. :-(

1 comment: