Friday, July 9, 2010

Thing #20-Google Docs

I've been using Google docs on a limited basis for the last year or so.
  1. We use Google docs to record attendance for several schools during Saturday Science Camp. Each facilitator has editing rights to her school so she can mark "present" or "absent" for Saturday's camp. The document is shared as "read only" so principals can access their students' attendance.
  2. When working on curriculum, we can collaborate with others on lesson ideas, photos, videos, etc. through Google docs.
  3. I think the presentation option might be good for teacher training.

This summer we've really started using Dropbox. I think I really like it better because you can put anything in the folder and it automatically goes into your collaborators box. It's also been much more user-friendly than Google docs. Sometimes it is difficult to navigate in the docs, but when we use Dropbox, we are actually working in the document in whatever program it was created in.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to play with Dropbox more. I became a little frustrated with google docs last year just because of some of its limitations.

    ReplyDelete