Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thing #17-Podcasting

I have a little bit of experience with podcasting from an online class I took last summer called "Podcasting with Audacity." I took this class with two of my co-workers. It was a lot of fun, but there was a bit of a learning curve for us. It was a good thing the three of us were there to figure things out together! I made a brief podcast that was related to 5th grade Science. We talked about including more podcasts in the curriculum, but we never really had a chance to actually do it. Maybe having podcasting as one of the "things" will inspire me to actually do it this year.

Early on in "23 Things," I subscribed to a podcast called "60-second Science." I find that I'm more likely to read the blurbs on my other subscriptions than actually listen to very many of these podcasts. Perhaps because there are so many it makes me feel overwhelmed. I will try to utilize the podcast search engines to narrow my search to a specific topic; this might help me find podcasts to enhance the lessons in the science curriculum. I tried using the "Learn Out Loud" search engine, but the podcasts I found for the topic I searched were not free. I'll have to explore a little more, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment