Sunday, July 4, 2010

Thing #14-Weebly

After hearing the word "Weebly" all year long from one of my co-workers, I was intrigued when I saw it listed on one of the tools we could discover. It is basically a drag and drop web site creator. I played around with the free version. You could very easily make a simple web site fairly easily. I think it is possible you could have students create their own web sites to display research on a particular topic. Teachers could also use them as ways to disseminate information to parents and students. It is possible to set up a blog using this site. This would enable some of the "social features" blog commenting entails. Some features I noticed: embedding video, embedding photos and documents, forms, links, and search engines. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has created a working site from a Weebly. How did you use it with students and/or other educators?

No comments:

Post a Comment